How ironic it is to realise that, while the population is growing, homes in Melbourne and other cities in Australia are getting smaller and smaller. Windows have become scarce, thus homeowners are left with little alternative but to make do with what available windows are installed in their builder-grade homes. Thanks to manufacturers of Velux skylights, tiny homes now have a chance to get a bit more sunlight.
Did you know your windows can now function as a balcony? Thanks to the Velux Cabrio Balcony, which you can add to your existing Velux skylights. You can now have the perfect spot for lounging al fresco right where your loft windows are. If you are planning to have a loft makeover, you can start with your windows and transform them into a balcony and window combination.
There are other ideas to bring in some light into your home with a skylight. However, here are a few things you should know before installing Velux skylights:
1. Always seek professional advice. Just because you have a tiny home and an existing roof doesn’t mean you can simply cut into it and get skylights installed. Experts are well-versed with the right skylight type to install in your home as well as help you pick affordable skylight prices without compromising on quality.
2. Consider a self-ventilating skylight. If you have limited space and not enough windows, picking self-ventilating skylights is a smart move. You will not only illuminate your darkroom, but you will also provide proper ventilation. So it’s a win-win solution that is especially beneficial to small, cramped spaces. You can also opt for Velux skylight blinds to protect your home from harsh sun rays.
3. Plan in advance. If you want to achieve the most pleasing and effective results, take time to plan. You should know where is the best spot to knock a hole in the ceiling without compromising structural integrity. While skylights act like windows, they have completely different functions.
4. Pick the right sizes. Don’t make the mistake of choosing very small skylights. The cost of installing skylights is approximately the same, regardless of the size. It makes more sense to pick a generous size of skylights, so you can take advantage of more natural lighting.
5. Pay attention to aesthetics. While you may want to make the most of sunlight, try not to install skylights on a roof surface visible from the street. Your skylights may look out of place if you put them in the front, especially if you have a traditional style home. You can align the skylights with an existing feature, like a door or window, so they won’t look out of place.
6. Make it look natural. Your end goal should not only focus on allowing light to enter your home but for the skylights to look as natural as possible. Think about a design element that complements their overall appeal. You can add a decorative touch around the skylight, so you can present it as a design element in the room.
These are a few guidelines to remember before you go out there and shop for affordable skylights prices Melbourne stores offer. If you want additional tips, you may visit their website at https://www.skylights-online.com.au/ today.